Some Interesting Facts You May Not Have Know About Valentine’s Day:
- In Victorian times it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card.
- About 3 per cent of pet owners will give gifts to their pets on this day.
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year
- You could pop over to Finland where Valentine’s Day is called Ystävänpäivä, which translates into “Friend’s day”. It’s more about remembering your buddies than your loved ones.
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for this holiday in the late 1800s.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold.
- 73 percent of people who buy flowers on this day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
- Teachers will receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
- 220,000 is the average number of wedding proposals on Valentine’s Day each year.
Check out the pictures in the Gallery !!